Western Union & Travelex

Travelex & Western Union in Sapporo
Opening Hours
10:00 - 18:30
ClosedPublic holidays
NotesEnglish speaking staff
English, Chinese, Korean translations
Getting There5 1 Kitayonjyo Nishi Chuo Ku. 1f Asty 45 Bldg Sapporo 0600004

3 minute walk from Sapporo station

Travelex & Western Union in Sapporo

Western Union is located on the corner

If you have ever been travelling and suddenly need some money sent ASAP, then Western Union is a very convenient way to get money fast. There are only 2 Western Unions in the whole of Hokkaido. One in Sapporo, located very conveniently near the station. The other can be found in Kutchan. For tourists, to send or receive money, you will need a passport with a landing permission of less than 90 days. For foreign residents, you will need a valid alien registration card with a landing permission of more than 90 days. Secondary ID includes your passport, Japanese drivers license, health insurance card, pension book or your residential registration certificate. Residents will also need you ‘My Number’ card.

Travelex & Western Union forms

Sending or receiving money is pretty straightforward. Fill out the correct form and take it to the English speaking staff, with the correct ID. To pick up money you will need ID plus the MTCN number. The limit to sending or receiving money is from ¥200 000 to ¥700 000 or equivalent, depending on the country. There is also a limit of two transactions a day. Western Union does have a fee for sending money and exchange rates do apply.

Transfer fees to Bangladesh, Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam are as follows:

¥1 - ¥10,000
¥10,001 - ¥50,000 ¥1,500
¥50,001 - ¥100,000 ¥2,000
¥100,001 - ¥250,000 ¥3,000
¥250,001 - ¥500,000 ¥5,000
¥500,001 - ¥1,000,000
Transfer limits are up to ¥700 000. For the following countries, there is a separate limit:

¥500,000 limit
Russia, Urkraine, Turkey, Poland, Moldova, Singapore, France, Colombia
¥300,000 limitEgypt, Madagascar, Tanzania, Togo, Central African Republic, Thailand, South Africa
¥200,000 limitCameroon, Gabon, Mozambique, Uganda
¥100,000 limitKenya, Liberia, Ghana, Nigeria, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Burkina Faso, Mali, Senegal, Cote D'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Benin
For money exchange, Travelex is also located here.
Posted in Information | Tagged ,


Hokkaido Guide contributor and editor. Keen photographer with a love of travel, the great outdoors and all things Hokkaido, Japan. Matt Holloway is a professional photographer and holds exhibitions around Sapporo, Hokkaido and Sydney Australia.