The Hokkaido Governor’s Official Residence was first built in 1936 as a holiday home for the Mitsui Gakuin Company. In 1953 it became the property of Hokkaido and used as the residence for the governor. It has since been used for various meetings and other functions, for national and foreign dignitaries. Read More ….
Located in the center of Sapporo just by Odori park, the clock tower was constructed in 1878. Sapporo was developed in the late 1860’s which makes the clock tower the oldest remaining structure in the city. The idea for the tower came from Dr. John Clark who was the vice Read More ….
Also known as the ‘Red Brick Building’, the Former Hokkaido Government Office was used for approximately 80 years until the new government office currently in use was built. Built in in 1888, it now serves as a museum presenting exhibits about Hokkaido’s history. Built in French style architecture, the 33m-tall and 61m-wide Old Read More ….
HOKKAIDO SHRINE was constructed in 1871 to hold the deities, Ōkunitama, Okuninushi, and Sukunahikona, and also the soul of the Meiji Emporer. It is the main Shrine of Hokkaido and a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. It is located in MARUYAMA PARK (Maruyama Koen) on the West side Read More ….