Hitsujigaoka which literally means, “Hill of Sheep”, was first developed in 1906 as a cattle breeding station, and then sheep breeding was introduced in 1919. At its peak it was the home to 2,000 sheep. The hill now, is the home to the famous statue of Dr. William Clark, and Read More ….
The Hokkaido Museum, also known as Mori-no-Charenga was opened in 2015. This 2 story building replaces the old Historical Museum and joins the Ainu Research Culture Centre. The museum is open to the public and introduces a look into the history, culture and nature of Hokkaido. It researches the relationship Read More ….