Hitsujigaoka which literally means, “Hill of Sheep”, was first developed in 1906 as a cattle breeding station, and then sheep breeding was introduced in 1919. At its peak it was the home to 2,000 sheep. The hill now, is the home to the famous statue of Dr. William Clark, and Read More ….
The Hokkaido Governor’s Official Residence was first built in 1936 as a holiday home for the Mitsui Gakuin Company. In 1953 it became the property of Hokkaido and used as the residence for the governor. It has since been used for various meetings and other functions, for national and foreign dignitaries. Read More ….
The Hokkaido Museum, also known as Mori-no-Charenga was opened in 2015. This 2 story building replaces the old Historical Museum and joins the Ainu Research Culture Centre. The museum is open to the public and introduces a look into the history, culture and nature of Hokkaido. It researches the relationship Read More ….
The Centennial Memorial Tower was constructed in 1970. It was built as part of Hokkaido’s Centennial Project and was in honor of the people who built and turned Hokkaido into what it is today. It is also a symbol of future accomplishment. It is located in the vast Nopporo Forest Read More ….